2016 Library Logo Contest Rules
Grand Forks & District Public Library 2016 Logo Contest Rules
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Grand Forks & District Public Library 2016 Logo
Contest, (the “Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a new logo for the library. Information on how to enter is
part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
1. The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions,
organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
2. Entrants must have a valid Grand Forks & District Public Library Card to enter.
3. Library staff or Board members and their families may enter the contest, but those who choose to enter or have
family who enters will not be included in the judging.
How to Enter
1. Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com. The entries must be submitted as a JPG or BMP
file. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
2. The email entry must include the name, postal address, phone number, email address, and library card number
of the Entrant.
3. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. The deadline for Entries is 11:59PM on June 10, 2016, Pacific Daylight Time.
6. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for
entries or responses lost in e-mail.
7. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Grand Forks & District Public Library. The logo may be used online,
in print, on signs, on merchandise, etc. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look
good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
While the logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes, it will not need to be shrunk for use as a Favicon.
Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted
The logo must follow the design guidelines attached.
The logo must also contain the words “Grand Forks & District Public Library”.
The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
Images should be approximately 1000 pixels square.
The winning designer will receive:
1. A $50 cash prize.
2. The right to use the basic logo in a portfolio or similar manner and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by the Grand Forks & District Public
Library Director. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. The Grand Forks & District Public Library reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no
suitable entries are received.
3. The Grand Forks & District Public Library reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole
discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to the Grand Forks & District
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for the Grand Forks & District Public Library to make public and
otherwise use winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not
6. No timetable is set for the announcement of a winner.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of the Grand Forks & District Public Library and may be displayed
Grand Forks & District Public Library Design Guidelines
The library’s main colours are blue, green, and yellow, so please make sure that these colours feature prominently in your design!