Starting: October, 2020
The Grand Forks & District Public Library is seeking to fill three Library Page Positions. The successful applicants will be responsible for the duties outlined in the attached job description.
Hours: 4 hours/week
Qualifications & Experience: Must be a current high school or homeschool student
Availability: must be available 9:00-11:00AM Tuesdays and Wednesdays
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter in person to:
Cari Lynn Gawletz
Grand Forks & District Public Library Director
7342 5th Street
Deadline: October 8, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Grand Forks & District Public Library Page Position
The objective of the Page is to present a positive image of the library by correctly reshelving library materials, maintaining the overall tidiness of the library, and directing patron questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Current high school or homeschool student.
- General interest in the community, good public relations skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of the Dewey Decimal System and alphabetization.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to undertake moderate physical activities that may include bending, reaching and lifting moderate weight (40 lbs).
- Shelving library materials as directed by staff or the Library Director.
- Reading shelves and checking for misfiled items, duplicates, overcrowding, or other anomalies. Alerting the appropriate staff member of any issues discovered.
- Light mending or cleaning of library materials.
- Shifting materials as instructed by the Library Director.
- Maintaining the neat and orderly appearance of library shelves and reading areas.
- Bringing any out of place materials to the Circulation Desk.
- Answering directional questions and directing other questions to appropriate staff members as required.
- Other duties as assigned.