We are now open for limited services. Updated 8 September 2020
Christina Lake: Wednesdays, 11:00AM-3:00PM
- Borrowing and returning library materials (including magazines)
- Virtual programming
- Public computers
- Public printing
- Public washrooms
- Limited seating to use your own device
- 1 study seat for teens
Not currently available:
- Newspapers and newspaper puzzles
- General seating
- In-person programming
Health & Safety
We are taking the following measures to maintain a safe environment:
- Social distancing. Everyone must keep at least 2 metres away from one another in the library. If this is not possible, you must remain behind the plexiglass barrier.
- Frequent disinfecting. Surfaces will be disinfected on a regular schedule. Certain high-touch surfaces will be sanitized between each user.
- Washing and sanitizing hands. All patrons must sanitize their hands upon entry. Staff will be washing and sanitizing hands often.
- Limited capacity. Staff will strictly monitor the number of people in the library at one time.
Can’t come inside the library? We can help!
Call us at 250-442-3944 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with contactless pickup or home delivery options.
Why is Grand Forks & District Public Library eliminating the quarantine period?
Our library, along with other BC libraries, continues to follow the advice and recommendations of provincial health authorities, which is evolving as new information is available
- Guidelines for libraries and for library visitors, issued by the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), state that the risk of transmission is very low, and that evidence does not require libraries to quarantine or disinfect their loaned items
- Early in the pandemic, many libraries adopted a 72 hour quarantine based on the limited studies available. This was done out of an abundance of caution rather than a health authority directive.