Our Idea Lab is now open for bookings and drop-in use! We’re excited to offer patrons this flexible space to be creative, get work done, or just hang out.
Special thanks to the Y. P. Heung Foundation, Grand Forks Credit Union, and the Province of British Columbia for making this project possible.
Wondering what to do?
- Bring your own device or borrow a laptop from us.
- Use our Samsung Flip 2.0 digital whiteboard to draw, paint, or watch something on the screen.
- Move the tables and chairs to the sides of the room and spread your project on the floor.
- Have a meeting with your group in the room or zooming in remotely.
There are so many possibilities! Visit us today to check it out.
We are no longer able to schedule the Idea Lab using Skedda. While we search for a new system, please may book by calling us at 250-442-3944 or emailing email@example.com.
Idea Lab Policies
- The Idea Lab is available to use on a scheduled or drop-in basis while the Library is open.
- There is no charge for use of the Idea Lab.
- Up to four people may be in the room at one time.
- As a safety precaution, the Idea Lab door must be left unlocked, but it may be closed if desired.
- To ensure access to all of our patrons, Idea Lab bookings may be made up to one month in advance.
- Room bookings take precedence over drop-ins. Anyone using the room near the time a booking is supposed to begin must vacate the room.
- As a safety precaution and to ensure the protection of Library property, Idea Lab users must follow any directions of staff.
- The Library Director may revoke Idea Lab access at his/her discretion.
Equipment Borrowing Policies
- Who can borrow
- Before you may borrow equipment, you need an Adult library card in good standing (i.e. outstanding charges less than $25.00), and you will need to have been a library member for at least three months. Children who wish to borrow items must do so with the permission of an adult who is will let them use their card and accept full financial responsibility for the items borrowed.
- Note that technology is not available for loan to OneCard and Temporary cardholders.
- Borrowing rules
- Equipment may only be borrowed while the library is open and must be used in the building.
- Equipment should not be left unattended.
- You may only place a hold on an item if it is being used in conjunction with an Idea Lab booking.
- Equipment must be returned in person to a staff member at the service desk during regular library hours, and may not be returned through the book return chute.
- Equipment may not leave the building at any time. If you remove equipment from the building, you will lose equipment borrowing privileges.
- Borrowers assume complete financial responsibility for borrowed equipment and will reimburse the Grand Forks & District Public Library for the repair or replacement cost of lost or damaged equipment. Equipment will remain signed out in the borrower’s name until it has been checked in to ensure that all parts have been returned with their bag or box and no damage has occurred.
- Library borrowing and computer privileges may be suspended until repair or replacement costs are paid.
- Repair costs billed to patrons will be the actual cost of repair plus a $5 processing fee.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to save content produced using the library’s equipment before returning the equipment. Devices will be erased upon return.
- Exceptions to borrowing terms may be granted by the Library Director.